23 February 2010

A New Freshman Class...



With a new year comes a new class of Hip Hop up-n-comers. With half of 2009's class either falling off or simply not putting out material, our expectations of this year's class is, well, kind of low. I can't blame you. With failers from 09' like Blu, Ace Hood, Charles Hamilton and Mickey Factz, There's not much to be excited about.

SO. before XXL officially releases their freshman class of 2010, I'm gonna run down my 5 rappers that SHOULD make the list this year. Hit the link to hear the cat and let me know what you think.

In no particular order...



1. Big Sean.
The dude is on G.O.O.D music, home of one of 2009's best freshmen, Kid Cudi. So he must be doing
something right. He's got a lil' old school Kanye influence on some of his material. (Which isn't a bad thing,) And has been putting alot of shit out lately. Potential valedictorian this year.

2. Chip Tha Ripper
"I'm RICH BITCH, But you can call me
Cheap tha Ripper." You can't go wrong with this guy.

3. Wiz Khalifa
This particular song is pretty sick. He's got a movement going on somewhere. Idk who it is but people LOVE this guy. I can't lie, I've heard him kill it. We'll see what he turns into...

4. Freddie Gibbs
Where did this dude come from? He Rips.

5. Fashawn
Fashawn gives you a little bit of everything. This particular track is a lil bubble gum but don't judge. He can tear up a track.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter